Sometimes a party can be so great that you get caught up in a flow of connections, activities, and emotions. That describes my experience of CX Day 2022 from about 3 pm Eastern on October third when the celebrations began in New Zealand until the morning of October 5 when I caught up on the social media tsunami from around the world. I hope that you also felt the pride, engagement, and mutual support of this community throughout this incredibly special occasion. Today, in this special issue of the CX Engine, we look back at CX Day 2022. We hope that these articles and links help extend the party and further advance your CX success.
I also want to highlight several things that I want to make sure you do not miss. These are new developments to help provide you additional value as CXPA members and further grow our community.
- CXPA CX Book of Knowledge and Strengthening CX Together Series publications are now available! These nine publications, developed with the involvement of more than 120 CXPA members, serve as independent, consensus resources on key terms, theories, and tactics every CX professional should know. Online viewing and reading are free for every CXPA member! The titles are also available for purchase as a downloadable .pdf or printed publication. See cxbookstore.com for access and details.
- Save money on staff recruitment through New Year’s: Use the code RECRUIT50 to save 50% when posting a job opportunity at cxjobboard.com – the job board specifically designed to connect top CX talent with top CX opportunities. And speaking of talent management, keep an ear open for more news soon about CX compensation benchmarking information through our newly announced collaboration with Blue Rock Search.
- Login at cxpa.org to check out the new member benefit dashboard. We’ve added direct links to the Member Directory, Mentor Program, Member Blog, Bookstore, and more! This is a first step in iterative improvements you will see on the website in coming months.
- Share savings on CXPA membership with friends and colleagues: Help a #CX peer benefit from everything that CXPA has to offer and help the CXPA community grow by sharing the news that members can save 20% on individual membership using the code CXDAY2022 during the month of October. (Or, better yet, recommend team membership to your organization to get your entire CX team onboard!)
In addition to CX Day, October is also a time to help shape CXPA’s future directions. Every CXPA member should have received a direct email on Sept 27 and/or October 6 with an invitation to participate in the CXPA planning survey. Thank you to those who have already responded, and a request that those who have not yet done so, please do. (We will send one more reminder on October 11.) These responses will help the Board of Directors to map a multi-year strategy based on your priorities and interests.
If you are excited about what is happening at CXPA and would like to be involved in leadership or helping to shape our leadership, we currently have two volunteer applications open at www.cxpa.org/volunteer (log-in required to view and apply):
- 2023 CXPA Leadership Opportunities (Global Board, Regional Councils, Committees and More) is an omnibus application that allows you to raise your hand to be considered to serve on the CXPA Board, Regional Leadership Council, CCXP committees and more. Apply by October 28.
- 2023 CXPA Board of Directors and Leadership Nominating Committee is the opportunity to work alongside three Board members to review the applications that are received and make recommendations for appointment to the Board slate and other volunteer opportunities.
Finally, a word of thanks and acknowledgment. CX Day would not have been possible and CXPA would not be where it is today without the passion, creativity, and work of so many individuals and organizations in the CXPA community. From the vision of the CX Day Founders to the authors of the new publications, and to everyone who has celebrated CX Day in ways both large and small, THANK YOU. And to my staff colleagues – you did a fantastic job, worthy of the excellent community we serve!
Together in Advancing CX,
Photo Credit: Julie, Dave & Family on Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0