Mark has over 30 years experience with experience design studies bringing the voice of the customer (VOC) to understand the customer journey and provide input to design thinking.
Mark has worked with many of the world’s leading retail brands including Google, Microsoft, Target, Walmart, The Coca-Cola Company, Kroger, Publix, Meijer and Kohl’s. Throughout his career, Mark has focused the front end of innovation in providing VOC for retail design to improve shopper experiences in brick and mortar as well as online.
Since 2009 Mark has focused on using digital research methods to provide better and faster insights, eliminating the need for travel and allowing customers to share their experiences without bias. Mark is an expert with innovative digital research methods including:
- Mobile Ethnography - using smart phones to understand shopper behavior and perceptions
- Social Media Analyses - understand what shoppers are saying about brands and experiences
- Path-to-Purchase and Journey Mapping – identifying the touchpoints and moments that matter from ZMOT through purchase
- Bulletin Board Discussion Groups – asynchronous online focus groups to understand opinions and preferences regarding design concepts
- Webcam In-depth Interviews – using a secure platform to dive deeper into experience design
- Online Surveys – validate and quantify design thinking solutions and test concepts with specific customer/shopper segments
Over the course of his career, Mark founded several research industry associations including the Mystery Shopping Professional’s Association, the Mobile Marketing Research Association and the Social Media Research Association. He is also the producer of the acclaimed CX Forums Customer Experience Summit conference series which brings together hundreds of CX professionals to share the latest ideas, tools and platforms.